Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pancakes in a Toaster ... (a.k.a Pancake Toast ) ... delish!

So I modified my pancake recipe a tad, and added a banana and a few walnuts and they were SO good! We used a banana-walnut pancake as a base for sliced strawberries and honey as dessert last night, and it was yummy! My guy needed extra sweet - so he drizzled a little 100% maple syrup over his, but I was fine with it as it was.

Interesting thing about adding that banana - it made the batter like REGULAR pancake batter! Weird, huh? And it added moisture, so we had to lower the temp and cook them a little longer to get them cooked in the middle as the banana makes the outside golden a LOT faster. But very yummy!

A batch on my pancakes makes anywhere from 6-12 pancakes (depending on size you want) - so since I only used one for dessert,I had a few left over. Soooo I threw the into a bag and took them to work for breakfast.

They aren't bad cold, in fact they are pretty good cold! But I wanted a little warmth - so threw them into a traditional toaster (where the slots are in the top and they pop up when done) and it worked REALLY well as "pancake toast"!!

Very yummy, and though a schooch dry - nothing a few chugs of water couldn't address!

But nice to know that they keep well and can easily be made in advance for breakfast on the run! Yay me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment